Erasmus Policy Statement
IES ZARAOBE BHI is a regional polytechnic that provides education in all educational stages from the age of 12, except university studies. In the field of vocational training, this is our offer: Basic Vocational Cycle in Carpentry; Middle Degree Cycles in Machining Electromechanical maintenance and Care for people in a situation of dependency and High Degree Cycle in Mechatronics, as well as non-regulated training for employees and unemployed.
Internationalization is one of the key points in our strategic plan, and annual plans with the following philosophy:
“Based upon our own personality, we will promote Erasmus + programs with the aim of modernizing, improving the quality of our institution and being able to collaborate in the creation of a European space. We want to open our institution to Europe and the world, in order to contribute to creating a more open, plural and respectful citizenship in our area of influence.”
Our center began to participate in internationalization projects in the 2000 year. In these years, different strategic steps have been taken until reaching the present moment:
2000-2005We took part in different projects, for student mobility for internships, through the Ikaslan consortium of the network of public centers in the Basque Country.
2006-2008We began to develop our own projects with multinationals in our area, executing student mobility to carry out some internship. European projects became part of our ISO and EFQM quality management system. The continuous improvement process began to evaluate the results and implement improvements after a period of analysis and reflection. An hourly person was responsible for European projects.
2009-2011Due to the success of the project, more mobilities were established and we needed to start working with intermediary companies. We began to carry out staff mobility. The internationalization department was created at this moment with two responsible people with greater time dedication.
2012-2018We began the search for homologous training centers and companies that offered us high quality internships. We obtained the Vocational Training quality letter; we created a network of partners. We began to work on KA2 projects; we received in our center students for internships and teachers also. And above all, we greatly increased the number of mobilities carried out.
New program: Continue walking towards the reaching of different milestones
- Continue working on the consolidation of our partner network. Increase this network of partners by strengthening trust and developing new fields of action. Increase the number of students and incoming staff.
- Collaboration with partners in strategic areas such as the change of methodologies and new technologies (web platforms for teaching, augmented reality). Continue analyzing the potential of the Erasmus + program for the development of relevant aspects included in our strategic plan.
- Continue contributing to the modernization and improvement of the image of the center. International relations allow us to import good practices in many areas and project a good image of our institution in the social environment in which we find ourselves.
- Collaboration with multinationals in our environment. We want to resume collaboration with companies in our environment to carry out mobilities, both for students and staff, with their subsidiaries in European countries.
- Increase the international dimension of the institution, through relationships outside the scope of the U.E. Developing the work done with companies and educational centers in China.
- Contribute to the creation of the European space. Continue promoting the participation of the largest number of people in these programs, and thus create more and more citizens with a European conscience and the values that this entails.
- Contribute to the development of the V Basque Vocational Training plan, which is based on cooperation between training centers, companies and institutions in the Basque Country, in order to contribute to promoting employment, competitiveness, social cohesion and economic development. Similarly, this approach seeks to contribute to attracting talent to our territory, through an advanced training offer.